I mentioned it on Dec 6th, but I’m going to say it again….the Danville Patch is a wonderful community newsletter. I recommend it to anyone thinking of moving here–a great way to get a sense and flavor of the town. But it’s especially delightful for those of us who do live here–pertinent information about our immediate neighborhood:
- Great coverage of school sports – my friend Linda was happy to find photos of her daughter who plays for Carondolet; and today’s article featuring former Monte Vista QB Zach Ertz (now playing for Stanford) was a pleasant surprise to his mom.
- Community news – events going on in town are written up before and after. You can find out what’s going on, attend it, and then check back to see if you were photographed at the event! (This actually happened to me: I opened my daily newsletter one day and there I was–my daughter and I were volunteers at the Community Center’s Halloween event, and I was shot taking cookies to the treat table.)
- School scoop – for example, last week they ran a great article about what the schools are doing about the bullying problem.
- Garage sales – my friend Therese loves the ‘garage sale roundup’; she is a garage sale junky!
- There are directories to lead you to restaurants or businesses; one of my favorite restaurants, the Basil Leaf Cafe, leads the list.
- And so much more! Including….as of yesterday, a new real estate column that I will be writing: http://danville.patch.com/columns/danville-alamo-real-estate-beat. If you are already reading my blog, then you’ll find it quite redundant…but you’ll find so much in the Patch to enjoy; subscribe today, read about someone you know tomorrow! www.DanvillePatch.com